Recent news from the Bacon Nation…
- Tofu vs bacon = armageddon? (thanks to reader Teena for the tip).
- Venison sausage made from bacon and a freshly killed mule deer sounds like a delicious winter treat.
- The folks at Wooly Pigs are about to slaughter some of their 400 pound Berkshire hogs. Each hog produces about 100 pounds of high quality cured and smoked products (bacon, shoulder bacon, jowl bacon, ham, sausage, fatback, etc.) for around $600. Talk about a good deal!
- It’s freezing in DC today so I don’t exactly have ice cream on my mind, but Bacon & Egg Ice Cream sounds pretty good anyways.
- Celebrate the end of football season with chipotle bacon salsa.